Configuring the proposal feature
The proposal feature allows you to add your own products into Prospect so that they can be included as part of the reports when presented to a client. This makes it easier and simpler when presenting your proposition to a potential customer as they will have all the information they require in one place – their Prospect report.
Configuring the proposal feature
Before adding your products to the proposal feature within your Prospect account, you first need to configure the feature itself. By default, the proposal feature is enabled for all Premium customers, but upon request for Enterprise customers. The proposal feature is not available on the Starter plan at the moment.
In order to configure the proposal feature, you need to access the account settings dashboard by selecting it from the drop-down menu that appears when you tap on your profile icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Please note, only users with administrator access can access the account settings dashboard.
Sales tax rate
Easily configure the sales tax rate in your country, for example in the United Kingdom this should be set to 20 percent for VAT. Set this to the appropriate sales tax rate in your country.
By default, products added will show the first year cost when presented using the proposal feature. This is calculated based on the monthly cost over a 12-month period. However, it is possible to demonstrate different costs to your client using either:
- Annually – shows the cost over a 12-month period
- Quarterly – shows the cost over a 3-month period
- Monthly – shows the cost on a monthly basis
- Weekly – shows the cost on a weekly basis
- Price after 1 year – shows the cost for products that may include discounts in the first year*
(* for example, if one of your products was discounted for the first 12 months, you can include the cost after the first year in the proposal feature easily).
Adding your products
Your products can be added to Prospect for inclusion on the proposal. This is easily done from within the account settings section under the proposal section. Once in the proposal section, select “Products” from the menu on the left, and then add your products by selecting the blue “+ Add product” button. You can then add your products by completing the required fields.
Note: It is only possible to select “Change price after 12 months” if the custom total includes “Price after 1 year”.
Including your products on proposals
When a report has been generated for the business owner, you can easily add your products to the proposal section of the report so that when the client is given their report, they can see the costs involved should they want to purchase any of your products.
To add your products to the proposal:
- View the report you want to add the products to
- Select the “Proposal” tab underneath the overall score – if this is not visible, then an administrator needs to enable the proposal feature first
- Assuming there are no products already included in the proposal, you should see a prompt to “Add products” and when clicked, a pop-up will appear that allows you to select the product(s) you want to include in the proposal
- Once you have added the product(s) you desire, click “Continue” then you should be shown the editable costs and a notes section
- To complete the process once pricing and notes have been confirmed, click “Save” at the bottom.
Sharing reports with the proposal section
Once the proposal feature has been configured and products have been added, it is possible to include the proposal section in any reports that are shared with clients. This is as simple as checking the box when you share the report, and the proposal section will automatically be included on the report.